OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH WEST CENTRAL WOMEN’S RESOURCE CENTRE (WCWRC)
“Building a stronger community is important to me and the 365 team. WCWRC is a vital organization that strengthens women, their families and the West Central community in Winnipeg. Through our partnership, we want to provide IT services that ensures WCWRC can concentrate on what they do best: building a healthy community by providing critical services to women for their stability and economic mobility.”
– Michael Anderson, President & CEO, 365 Technologies
ABOUT WEST CENTRAL WOMEN’S RESOURCE CENTRE (WCWRC)
In 1999, WCWRC started as a three-year Women’s Empowerment Project in response to the number of women in the West Central neighbourhood living in poverty. Now, 21 years later, they’ve grown to offer a variety of support and services to the whole community, including:
- Drop-In and Food Services: A comfortable place to chat with other women in the community over a snack and coffee. Other services include computers, laundry services, showers, and workshops.
- Housing, Income and Employment Programs: Encompasses two programs: “HOMES” supports women with housing and economic security, and “More than Four Walls Housing First” supports women experiencing homelessness.
- Immigrant Settlement Services: Settlement information and support for individuals and families who are newcomers to Winnipeg and live in the West Central community.
- Training and Skill Building: Empowers women to build self-confidence and skills to find good jobs.
- Restoring the Balance Program: A trauma-informed program based on traditional Indigenous values, teachings, and ways of healing to provide holistic support.
- Happy Sprouts, Childminding Services: A safe, fun and interactive childcare service that also offers training and employment for women through its “Taking Root Childminding Training.”
To learn more, partner or donate to WCWRC, visit wcwrc.ca.