Take the quiz: is your organization’s technology where it needs to be?
Good enough isn’t good enough.
Case in point: most small- to medium-sized business owners we talk to describe their technology as “fine,” or “good enough.” However, a key component of your business growth is your technology, no matter the size of your business.
A 2018 article, “5 Reasons Your Company Should Invest In Technology,” from CEO World lists the five reasons why you need to get serious about technology:
- Remote access
- Competitive edge
- Better interaction with customers
When 365 Technologies digs a little deeper into an organization’s technology, we often discover technology and best practices either implemented improperly or not working at all. Correct implementation cannot only improve the value you get from your technology investment, but help you grow your business.
Here is a simple true or false quiz to find out how your organization’s technology is doing.
- If our business suffers a catastrophe (fire, flood, and related issues), we know exactly how long it will take for our systems and data to restore.
- We have a three-year technology plan outlining future anticipated costs and corresponding budgets.
- We have scheduled and established processes to keep desktops optimized (security and antivirus updates, and software upgrades).
- We have a fully documented network (assets, software licenses, user rights, passwords, and policies).
- Employees who require remote access to our network can do so securely and reliably.
- We’ve seamlessly and securely integrated remote workers and locations within our network to share information and resources (if not, you may wish to check out 365OmniDrive – a secure way for your business to access and share files from anywhere).
- We control SPAM email at acceptable levels.
- We’ve defined thresholds for system downtime and understand the cost that downtime represents to our company in lost productivity and revenue.
- We have an “acceptable use” policy that governs how employees can use company computer resources and BYOD (bring your own devices).
- We configure our desktops and servers using standardized best practices.
If you answer false to any of these questions, you may want to, and probably should, improve your technical and business processes to ensure you’re firing on all cylinders.
If you have questions about how to improve and make your technology work for your business, contact me by email at Michael@365tech.ca or call 204-488-3655. We are always ready, willing, and able to help with your technology questions!